Dear Parents / Guardians,
Thank you for your response to our previous letter regarding the swimming catch up sessions from year 5. We are delighted to be able to facilitate lessons for your child during year 6 at Barncroft Primary School.
As before, lessons will take place on a Tuesday afternoon and will run for 7 weeks. Mrs Johnson and Ms Turner will be leading the lessons that will last for 40 minutes. We will travel by school minibus, leaving school at 1pm and returning before the end of the school day.
Lessons will commence on Tuesday 10 November for 7 weeks for children in 6H. Children in 6S will swim after the Christmas break – we will confirm the starting date nearer the time.
The children will need to bring swimming kit consisting of: a swimming costume, towel and goggles (if required) on the day. All jewellery MUST be removed before swimming – please avoid children wearing earrings on the day if they are unable to quickly remove them for themselves. Please also ensure that long hair is tied back for the lessons; children may wear a swimming hat if they prefer.
We always endeavour to keep the cost of swimming lessons to parents to a minimum. The school continues to pay for the hire of the pool and teaching time but do ask parents to support us with a contribution towards travel costs. This is set at a voluntary contribution of £17.50 for the 7 weeks. We ask that you make payment prior to the lessons commencing. I recognise that some parents have already paid last year and this money remains on your account – thank you. You can pay online through Scopay or through the school office.
In order to be Covid-19 compliant, both schools have had to make some changes to how lessons are structured and run. This includes:
- Taking the children in their class bubbles
- Taking and using the school’s own equipment
- Maintaining 2 metre social distancing between the adults and children (unless absolutely necessary in an emergency situation)
- Adults wearing masks on the minibus where social distancing is not fully possible
- Using hand sanitiser on entry and exit of the minibus, pool and school
- Teachers will teach from poolside – no adult will be in the pool unless in an emergency situation
- Smaller numbers of children in the groups and using changing rooms
- Equipment, including goggles, cannot be shared. Please ensure your child has their own pair of goggles for the lesson.
As with school procedures, please do not send your child to school for swimming lessons if they or household members are exhibiting any symptoms of coronavirus. If your child exhibits symptoms whilst at the pool, they will be isolated from the other children and you will be asked to collect them from Barncroft Primary School.
We are very much looking forward to taking the children swimming again. Please complete the attached permission form and return via email to the school office by Wednesday 4 November.
Thank you very much for your support and I wish you and your family a lovely half term break.