Our safeguarding policies and procedures ensure that every child, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, has a right to equal protection from harm. Safeguarding is the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. We link safety with our Green STAR. The children have dedicated curriculum time to understand and explore what it means to be safe physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
- Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm
At Ranvilles We Safeguard Children By:
- Creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- Ensuring that adults who work in the schoolincluding volunteersdon’t pose a risk to children
- Making sure staff are trained know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- Maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem
- Teaching children and young people about staying safe
Child Protection Liaison Officers
To contact us regarding any safeguarding concerns, please speak to a Child Protection Liaison Officer or alternatively contact CPLO@ranvilles-jun.hants.sch.uk.
Mrs Jen Johnson
Deputy Head / CPLO / Deputy DSL