Click on the Year Group icon at the bottom of this page to find detailed information on the curriculum for that Year
Ranvilles Curriculum – Exploring the World: Exploring Me…
Learning at Ranvilles is ambitious and fun, challenging children to be the very best they can be, enabling and supporting them to become, ‘Life-long learners who Dream… Believe…Achieve’.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) learning is at the heart of our broad and balanced curriculum. Children engage in school learning values to explore SMSC Lines of Enquiry through our principle intentions. Learners are encouraged to explore the world, themselves and their place in it. Learning journeys explore values children wish to uphold now and in the future, learning today for the challenges of tomorrow.
Our principle intentions are promoted and endorsed through Ranvilles STARS. As learners children will:
- Be happy; feel safe spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically (Safe Star)
- Recognise, practise and foster their talents and interests (Talents & Interest Star)
- Maximise their academic potential and outcomes (Achieve and Learn Star)
- Show respect and understand their rights and responsibilities (RRR Star)
- Communicate their thoughts and values with consideration.(Social skills Star)
Our diverse curriculum provokes thought and reflection through core questions linked to Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural learning (SMSC). We have designed a curriculum that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum, the needs of the pupils in our school and promotes the British Values of:
- The rule of law.
- Individual liberty.
- Mutual respect.
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Through carefully planned projects, the children develop as learners and explorers through our school learning values (our EPIC learning values):
Please click on the year group links in order to find out more detail about the projects.
Click on the Year Group icon below to find detailed information on the curriculum for that Year.